Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Juliet's New Dress!


Today was the day!  I have finished my Juliet's dress I started a couple of weeks ago.  I got the yoke finished and attached, but it seemed to be missing something.  Out came my magazines and books and after much deliberation, I decided on the edging for the hem.  It just seemed to pull it all together!  So...here it is!  I'm hoping to get a crocheted bonnet done by the end of the weekend, to accompany the dress.  Who would have thought a vintage dresser scarf could be transformed into this with a little work.  Hope she enjoys wearing it as much as I have making it!

4 comments:

  1. Kik's! You have made one gorgeous dress Love the crochet edging and yoke it really does make it,and I know that Juliet will look so cute when she wears it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, This is AMAZING!
    The crochet details make the dress.
    I would call this sweet treasure an heirloom piece it is SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paulette! I know from your articles that you love re-purposing beautiful pieces of past treasures as much as I do!

      Delete