Monday, February 28, 2011

In Desperate Search of Yarn Hoarders Anon Group....

I have really been feeling guilty about all the yarn I have scattered in various places around town...which means closets, storage building, garage, shop...it's a hunka buncha yarn.  So.  One of my most important and thrifty resolutions this year is to use what I have and not buy any yarn for the rest of the year.  (I'm starting a little late....).  It's really unbelievable how much yarn I have...but most importantly...how much I keep bringing home. There actually is a purpose for each skein at the time!  And although I am constantly in search of the perfect charity for my finished donations, I very seldom participate.  I have good intentions, just get easily sidetracked.  Speaking on my own behalf though, I do make many items for my grandbabies and family members and friends as gifts.  AHA!  There's my pitfall.  I want the PERFECT color, texture or pattern for my dears and thus I go shopping.  But today is THE day!  No more shopping for yarn.  I am committing the rest of this year to gather my goods in one place, organize the skeins and patterns and supplies I have and start making a difference in this wasteful world I live in!  Really.  I mean it.  I'm going to need professional help to do this though.  The anxiety is already setting in.  My only saving grace is to find the right charity to drive that passion down the road to recovery.  Got my prayer sent up to the Heavens, gonna wait for the answer.  Maybe answers.  I'll probably need more than one to reduce my mounting stringy mass of obsession.  Wish me luck...it's going to take a miracle.  Oh, and don't let my husband in on our little secret.  He's an "I told you so" kind of guy.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sissy!
    I am so glad that you love your socks I was a bit concerned that you wouldn't. I know that you will love those crochet sock patterns. And the stitch markers are what I made if you want some more let me know!
    Love You Heaps
    Mag's

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You could send me some of that yarn! L.O.L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your use of the dresser scarf....adorable dress! If you are serious about reducing your hoard, I would love to have some. I love to knit & crochet but I'm on disability (I'm diabetic, fibromyalgia, +++) and receive just a little over $700 per month which I must stretch to pay bills & support 3 dogs (1 over 100 lbs!) and 2 cats. I live alone with no transportation (7 mi. from my small town) so I have lots, lots of time! I would enjoy using my time to knit/crochet charity donations but can't afford the yarn. Hubby moved out & took my truck but his moving out was such a good thing especially after being married for almost 42 toxic years! I'll be 62 at the end of this month so hopefully I still have many years ahead, I just never thought I'd be spending these years alone but not lonely! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dee, how can I get in touch with you? I'd love to share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing. So much so that using up my stash is what I've dedicated my crochet blog to! I still slip up and shop sometimes but it's definitely starting to keep me on track :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just FYI - I saw you followed one of my blogs and that one I don't update anymore. Future Crafting was my attempt at keeping track of the things I wanted to make without risking losing bookmarks on my computer. Trash My Stash is the one I blog actively on (or try to anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You area crafter and we have lots of yarn and wool its a crafters thing I think to hoard and hoard our goodies.
    I hope you pile is slowly reducing.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete